Getting better every day
There are a lot of sayings I use with the team and program, but one of the most oft repeated is "Get better today."
It is easy to wish for good results in our games...but not so easy to do the work required to prepare to succeed. This past week we put in the efforts and I felt like we improved each day. We did two consecutive scrimmage practices of final third finishing practice. The field was "box on top of box" and every time a team had the ball they were in the finishing third. So every possession is a chance to score. Given that...
- What is the best spacing for each player off the ball to exploit the defense?
- What is the best decision by each player on and off the ball to get the ball into dangerous areas and create scoring chances?
- Should I be appropriately selfish, or should I look for one more pass?
- Am I ready at all times to attempt to finish?
- When I shoot, am I hitting it hard or placing it? High or low? Near post or far post? Header or volley? One time, or taking a touch or more?
Every possession can yield a goal given the right decisions, and the right execution. We will continue this week to get that much better than we were last week at this vital area of the game! Coach
Leave a Reply.